24 October 2012

For some magical viewing, watch Once Upon A Time!

I'd heard so many good things about Once Upon A Time that I was certain I'd love it once it hit Australian screens. I wasn't wrong. I just didn't know how much I would love it. The answer is more than I could ever have imagined.

My biggest regret is waiting so long for it to air on Australian TV. I should have just watched it online. Wasn't going to make the same mistake with season 2. I've been live streaming it each week.

My favourite character from the first episode was Emma Swan - and still is to this day. I love how badass she is and how committed to her son Henry she has always been since reentering his life.

My favourite couple has always been Snow White and Prince Charming ("Snowing"), Josh Dallas is a new favourite actor of mine. I hadn't seen him in anything else before OUAT. And Ginnifer Goodwin is the main reason I started watching the show. I loved her in He's Just Not That Into You which is one of my favourite films of all time.

I also loved Emma and Sheriff Graham as a couple. I knew he was going to die before it happened, as I saw a spoiler online, but I was still so sad when it actually happened. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him though. Thank goodness for flashbacks and fairytale lands!

As much as I hate Regina, I love Lana Parrilla and Regina before a young snow blabbed her secret about her and Daniel. Lana's 'Evil Regals' are just brilliant and she is so talented. In 'The Stable Boy' episode of season 1 it was remarkable how she could go from good to evil in the space of a scene, while talking to young Snow. I can't wait to see more of Regina's past.

Can I just say how attractive the cast of Once Upon A Time is?! Guys and girls - they are all so beautiful! Especially the guys. It seems there is some kind of requirement regarding attractiveness when they cast everyone - not that I'm complaining, I love all the eye candy! Special mentions go to Josh Dallas (Charming), Eion Bailey (August) and Jamie Dornan (Sheriff Graham). And I have a huge girl crush on Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin and Meghan Ory (Ruby).

If you haven't seen it, you must check out this year's Paley Fest panel with the cast. It's included as the last special feature on Disc 6 of season 1 (the Australian version). Such a good interview. If I knew the youtube link I'd include it but I couldn't find a good one.

I also need to mention Robert Carlisle's performance as Rumpelstilstkin. The giggle, the hand waving, the general wickedness and the use of the word 'dearie' are all just perfect! Every time Rumple does that giggle of his, I just lose it. I have tried to imitate it, failing dismally. He's also great as Mr Gold too. Definitely one of my favourites in the show. I also love Rumple and Belle ("Rumbelle") as a couple. They are so sweet and I love that Emilie De Ravin kept her Aussie accent for the show, that's just great!

Before this post gets too long, I'll leave you with my To-Watch List for tonight:

1pm: Live streaming Private Practice 6x04
And because Wednesday TV isn't the best, I'll be watching either Glee season 1 on DVD or Rizzoli & Isles season 1 or 2 episodes on DVD.

Until next time, keep watching TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment